On Mitzvah Day, we give our time, not our money.
This year, we invite your office to get involved and ‘Give Away Your Lunch (GAYL)’. The project will run on the Friday before Mitzvah Day (November 18th) and is all about linking offices with local charities for homeless people that really do need the food. We hope this will lead to a longer term relationship between the offices and charities.
Your colleagues will be asked to give away their lunch, or to buy lunch item to donate. For those interested, we will also be setting up Bring your Lunch event to give a chance to engage more fully with the charity you’ll be helping.
Representatives of the charity may be able to come and talk at your office or arrange a tour of their facilities when the items are dropped off. We really encourage businesses to drop off the items rather than have them collected to build a link with the charity and to confront the fact that poverty is on our doorsteps.
We are looking for sixty companies, of varying types and sizes, to take part and we will help you, every step of the way through this very easy, but extremely satisfying project. It is a brilliant project and a real team builder and could be the start of a beautiful partnership…
Signed up so far:
· Arram Berlyn Gardner Accountants
· Angst Productions
· Babcock International Group (Daresbury office)
· The Board of Deputies of British Jews
· Borough of Poole Council
· Borough of Redbridge Childcare Development Team
· Creative and Commercial
· Credo Group
· Essex Chambers
· Financial Services Authority
· Genesis Advisory Services (FSA)
· Ilford Recorder
· The Jewish Association for Mental Illness
· The Jewish Community Centre for London
· Jewish Leadership Council
· Jewish Social Action and Innovation Hub (Jhub)
· Kuit, Steinhart, Levy LLP
· Lansdowne Partners
· Manuel Swaden solicitors
· MET Capital Management
· Pears Foundation
· Society Media
· Union of Jewish Students
· Winkworth Estate Agents
· Yellow Brick Capital Advisors Ltd