PJ Library – Book Swap and more!
PJ Library gifts Jewish books to children aged 8 and under, every month, that celebrate Jewish values, festivals and culture. Doing a good deed, or a mitzvah, often comes up in many PJ Library stories, and therefore Mitzvah Day is a great opportunity to help young children read new books whilst doing a mitzvah at the same time.
In partnership with Mitzvah Day, PJ Library has created a book-based event for young families. It includes:
1. A book swap for every community
2. Mitzvah Day storytelling and a FREE PJ Library Mitzvah book. You can choose a book that most closely fits your Mitzvah Day activities out of the following options:
- Mitzvah: A Hat for Mrs Goldman
- Interfaith / b’tzelem Elokim: Yaffa and Fatima
- Visiting the sick / bikkur cholim: A Sick Day for Amos McGee
- Planting for the future /Tikkun Olam: The Forever Garden
For full details of the project and how to get involved with a PJ Library project, you can download the PDF here
Or you can e-mail Jacob@mitzvahday.org.uk