Be a “Chesed Hero” !
Children aged eight and under can help this Mitzvah Day by becoming a ‘Chesed Hero!’
Characters from PJ Library books have a lot to teach us. This Mitzvah Day kids can be like Rosie who wants to save the planet with Tukkun Olam, like Maya who welcomes a new neighbour or like Benny who donated food to those in need. Whether you’d like to do something with your community or get involved from the comfort of your kitchen table, PJ Library invites little hands to get stuck in!
If you are planning a community event and would like a mitzvah-themed book for storytelling with accompanying tried-and-tested activities for children this Mitzvah Day, please contact Sara who will send you everything you need including a personalised poster to be included on your community’s social media pages and newsletter.
Be ‘Chesed Heroes’ like characters in PJ Library books by:
- Taking food to a local food bank
- Making ‘show you care kits’ for the homeless
- Creating card for patients in a hospice
- Writing a thank you note to care staff
- Baking challah for someone
- Making a Chanukah card for a Jewish Care resident
- Donating toys you no longer use
- Planting a tree and caring for it
- Making a bird feeder with seeds and honey
- Organising a litter pick
HOW WILL CHILDREN IN YOUR COMMUNITY GET INVOLVED?
PJ Library send out books every month to nearly 8,000 children each month. If you know a family raising a Jewish child(ren) aged 0-8 years old who’d like to receive the gift of PJ Library books, tell them to sign up TODAY at www.pjlibrary.org.uk